Log Jam Chinking
|User name :|
|Confirm Password :|
|Already Registered ! Click Here to login.|
|User name :|
Sashco Log Jam Chinking seals wide joints in your log with the traditional look of mortar but far greater elasticity. Log Jam keeps your home comfortable while keeping the weather outside.
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL SIZES TO CONTINENTAL USA.
Free Ground Shipping
We are offering free shipping for all sizes of this product shipping to the Lower 48 United States. Offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, and the US Territories. Free Shipping applies to this item only and not the entire order.
Sashco Log Jam Chinking seals wide joints in your log with the traditional look of mortar but far greater elasticity. Log Jam handles joint movement up to 100% – even in joints up to 4″ wide – while maintaining its original appearance.
With superior adhesion and elasticity, Sashco Log Jam Chinking is guaranteed not to crack, tear or peel away from logs. Plus, it’s the only chinking to hold a UL one-hour fire rating when applied in accordance with Fire Resistance Directory Design No. UL519.
Log Jam Chinking keeps your home comfortable while keeping the weather where it belongs—outside.
Sashco Log Jam Features & Benefits
• Recognized industry standard for synthetic chinking.
• Exclusive 1-hour UL fire rating.
• Moves with your logs to create a permanently waterproof and weatherproof seal.
• Superior elasticity – won’t tear, preventing weather and insect infiltration.
• Water-based – easy to apply, smooth and clean up.
• Stable through 5 freeze-thaw cycles.
Where to Use Log Jam Chinking
• Interior and exterior log and wood home mortar chinking joints.
• Adheres well to most building materials.
Where Not to Use Log Jam Chinking
• Surfaces previously coated with a waxy or non-drying oil coating.
• Surfaces specifically designed to be non-stick, like Kynar coated.
• Surfaces previously sealed with silicone – silicone and silicone residue must first be removed.
• Chink Pump.
• Bulk-loading gun and follow plate.
• Ratchet caulking gun.
• Application bag.
Sashco Log Jam Application Information
• Ideal application range is between 50-90°F.
• Ideal sealant depth is 1/2 of the joint width, but no less than 1/4″, nor more than 1/2″.
• Install a bond breaker before Log Jam is applied, such as backer rod, Grip Strip, and bond-breaking tape.
• Log Jam forms a water-resistant skin in 1-4 hours after application.
• If Log Jam is applied in cool or humid weather and rain is imminent, covering the chinking with a plastic sheet may be necessary.
• Cure-through time: 3 weeks (1/2″ thickness. 70°F, 50% relative humidity).
• Paintable with oil or latex stains after 1 week cure time.
• If giving Log Jam a facelift with chink paint, make sure the chinking has cured.
• Clean up: Hands, surfaces and equipment may be cleaned-up with water.
Box (10) 29oz. Tubes, 5 Gallon, Sample Card
Buff, Dark Brown, Gray, Light Gray, Mortar White, Tan, White White, Woodtone Cedar, All Colors